Friday, April 20, 2012

The Best Peanut Butter Cookie

To get back into some form of routine I opted to make peanut butter cookies. I haven't made any in a while. This is the best basic peanut butter cookie recipe. The recipe will make up to 5 dozen. I made basically a few more than a dozen because I wanted big fat cakey cookies. If you choose to make monster sized cookies too, then you will need them to bake for a longer time. I added about 7 more minutes. This is the exact recipe from Domino Sugar's site. And to be honest, I always buy Domino Sugar; I love how it's packaged now.



Ingredients:


  • 1 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon - baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon - baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon - salt
  • 1 cup - creamy or chunky peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup - butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 cup - firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
  • 2 - eggs
  • 1 teaspoon - vanilla

  • Instructions:

    Preheat oven to 350°F.

    In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat peanut butter, butter and sugars in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until well blended. If necessary, refrigerate dough until firm enough to shape into balls.



    Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with fork dipped in sugar, making crisscross pattern.



    Bake 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove; cool completely.



    Yum! I'm enjoying one now!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I want to hear from you! Leave me some comments, tell me what you think! :D