Saturday, April 21, 2012

Taco Cupcakes

The title isn't the sweet type of cupcakes. Got to state that right off. These are simply baked in a cupcake pan. I found the idea randomly on Pinterst (as most recipes are found now!) Mr. P loved them. I strayed away from the recipe I found, but they're not an exact science. I have to stay away from black beans and olives if Mr. P is going to eat it!

The original recipe that inspired mine can be found here.

Taco Cupcakes

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2tsp olive oil
  • 1lb ground beef
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1  packet taco seasoning (or your own spicy mix)
  • Chipotle sauce, enough for 12 "cupcakes"
  • Verde Salsa, enough for 12
  • 1 bag of Mexican Shredded cheese
  • 12 Flour Tortillas, the smaller "fajita" size

Directions:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 375. Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray.
  2. Heat oil in skillet. Begin browning beef and taco seasoning. Breaking beef up. When not completely browned add the water. Let simmer, about 10-15 minutes till water is mostly gone. Drain.
  3. Line cupcake tin with tortillas. I ripped a "seam" on mine and folded them nicely in each cup.
  4. Pour chipotle sauce in to each cupcake, then divide taco meat and disperse in each cup.
  5. Top with verde salsa and shredded cheese.
  6. Bake 12-15 minutes, do not overbake or the tortillas will crisp too much.





Yummy and easy. My kind of dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave me some comments, tell me what you think! :D