I found this recipe on Allrecipes. One of my "go to" sites for dinner ideas. I love the taste of apricots. I added a little more oomph to it since the review comments stated it was good but rather bland. You'll also noticed I changed the baking time and amount of ingredients. Twenty five minutes was no where near long enough at 350 since I did 3.
Apricot Glazed Chicken
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion.
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Generous amount of your favorite spice mix. I have a really great grinder blend by The Spice&Tea Exchange, called Forida Sunshine, it's a really great mix of sea salt, orange/lemon/lime zest, ginger root, green peppercorns and rose petals. It really compliments the apricot!
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with half amount of Panko.
2. Combine the mayonnaise, preserves and onion and spices. Spoon over chicken. Finish with rest of Panko.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 45-minutes or until chicken juices run clear.