Wednesday, February 22, 2012

When all else fails...No Bake Cookies

I know it's been a few days since my last post. I did apologize for this, however, in the previous post in advance! It was a busy weekend, or rather exhausting and rainy the whole time. I had made a yummy menu for the week on my time off, along with more than enough trips to Wal-Mart. I planned on making burgers tonight with an avacado/ricotta spread. I had the ingredients and idea of how I was going to perfect this spread and make it the yummiest dang thing ever put on a burger.

Tragedy struck. As I was cooking the burgers up, stove top style, I began to dice the onions and started on the avacado. I am more than peturbed by the fact that my perfectly ripe looking avacado is not ripe at all. My shopping trip was more than two days ago. I made the mistake of buying this produce at Wal-mart once before and had the same outcome. I know how to pick a ripe avacado and even gave myself a few more days to make sure it softened up a little more. I blame whatever coating it was probably drenched in. Anyway, that rant is for another recipient, not my blog readers!

When all else fails, no bake oatmeal cookies are the way to go. I found this recipe on Pinterest weeks ago. I love oatmeal and I love being able to buy something with multiple uses. Giant cans of oatmeal are a great buy!


Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Butter
2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
4 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
3-3 1/2 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
2 tsp Vanilla

Directions:

Add first four ingredients; butter, sugar, milk and cocoa, in a saucepan. Bring to rolling boil and boil for one minute.



Stir in the next three ingredients; peanut butter, oats and vanilla. Drop onto wax/parchment paper. I used my silicon baking sheet and a silicon cupcake tray. Let cool until set. Pop them in the freezer for a little while to speed up cooling. Enjoy!



Mr. P especially enjoyed them! After working 9 days in a row he needed a sweet treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave me some comments, tell me what you think! :D