Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Farewell Ramen

I've decided to quit eating like an 18 year old. These past two weeks I have ate more corndogs, hot pockets, and ramen than any responsible adult should. After gourging myself on microwave only food, just so I wouldn't have to wash dishes, I realized it's time for me to "grow up".

Mr. P and I have been living in our own place for about 6 months now. Although the house is mostly in order, I still find it hard to run the whole place. I now remember all the years growing up with my mother doing laundry and cooking and how easy she made it looked. The more I thought about it, the more I saw what I lacked. Domestic routine. And an overall crash course into keeping up with my own place.

So, I did dishes today. Laundry will be folded before I go to bed tonight. Dinner was a success and it didn't involve anything on a stick!




Ingredients:

2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked

1 can (14 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided

1/2 cup water

6 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 1/4 cup)

2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)

2 tsp. oil

1/3 cup PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion
Directions:

COOK rice in 1-1/4 cups broth and 1/2 cup water as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan on plate. Rinse chicken with water; gently shake off excess water. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Discard any remaining crumb mixture.
HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (165°F). Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm. Add remaining broth and reduced-fat cream cheese to skillet; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Cook 3 min. or until thickened, stirring frequently; spoon over chicken.

I substituted the brown rice for yellow, and Panko instead of the crackers for the crust. As you can tell, the Panko fried and browned quickly. For the cream sauce I added a few pinches of flour to thicken it up. After reading the reviews on the recipe I found others had the same problem with the sauce.

Mr.P helped while I took pictures!


Tomorrow I have a special dessert planned! Which will be a nice treat considering I'll be working all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave me some comments, tell me what you think! :D