Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just call me Steffy Crocker...

I know it's Thursday, but for me, it's my Monday. Suprising, however, is that I had enough energy to work all day and still rock my house hold duties. Since I had slacked off so much these past two weeks I am determined to not let dishes pile up. Mr. P does his fair share of dishes, I don't. Totally making up for it.

Dinner was again a success. As I was driving across the bridge after work, I remembered I had lasagna noodles at home. I made a quick stop at the grocery store and for 8 bucks came home with 32oz ricotta cheese, buy one get one Prego sauces, and a packet of Knorr Pesto mix. Lasagna Roll Ups were on the dinner menu tonight.


Steffer's Lasagna Roll Ups

Ingredients:

1 pkg Lasagna Noodles (I only used 5 actual noodles for this recipe)
16 oz Ricotta Cheese
1 packet of Pesto dry mix, or any seasonings you like!
2 tbsp oil or olive oil
1 jar of Prego(or any brand you like) sauce
Parm or Romano cheese
Green onions for garnish (optional)

Directions:

Boil noodles according to package directions. Preheat oven to 375F. Mix the pesto mix with the oil.


Add the ricotta cheese.


In a 8x8 baking dish, coat bottom with 1/3 jar of sauce. Take the noodles and lay flat on your working surface(I use plastic cutting boards for less counter top mess). Place a heaping spoonful or two onto noodles and roll up. Place seam side down into baking dish. You should have some ricotta mixture left, about 1/4 cup. Again, this recipe makes about 5-6 roll ups.

Mix the rest of the ricotta with the rest of the sauce. Pour over roll ups. Shred some parm or romano on top and bake up to 30mins, or until heated through. Garnish with green onion when done. Sprinkle more cheese on top. Enjoy!


But that was just dinner. Dessert was the main event! I found this recipe last night. I had just bought bananas at the store. I had most of the ingredients on hand. I didn't add the nutmeg or zest and did add a little vanilla extract, but they still turned out awesome. I drizzled some chocolate syrup over mine. Yum! Here's the recipe, gotta love Emeril.


Ingredients




  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter




  • 3 bananas, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise and crosswise




  • 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar




  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon




  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg




  • Juice of 1 orange




  • 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest




  • Light rum or banana liqueur, for drizzling (optional)




  • Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)



  • Cooking Directions

    Position a rack about 8 inches from the broiler element and preheat the broiler to high. Butter the bottom of a flameproof 11- by 7-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter, and arrange the banana slices in it in one even layer, cut sides down. Set aside.


     In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon butter with the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange juice. Cook, stirring, until the sugar begins to melt, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange zest.

    Pour the sauce evenly over the bananas. Place the baking dish under the broiler and cook, turning the bananas over midway through, until the sauce is slightly thickened and bubbly and the bananas are tender, about 6 minutes total. Remove the baking dish from the broiler, and if desired, drizzle with rum. Set aside to cool briefly before serving. Serve the bananas over vanilla ice cream, if desired, with some of the sauce drizzled over the top.


    Mr. P actually said, "This might be your best dessert yet." I think I agree with him. Even though I love to bake, cake is probably my least favorite dessert. Brown-Sugar Baked Bananas, however, are now my favorite. <3



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I want to hear from you! Leave me some comments, tell me what you think! :D