Friday, February 17, 2012

Cobbler & More Jars

It's going to be quite a busy weekend. The Mardi Gras festivities are starting and we're going to be rather busy at work. I also have to work a night shift tomorrow, so I apologize if my posts aren't as consistent.

The yarn jars/cans are really addictive to make. I made a gift for my mother with a tomato sauce jar. Just follow the directions from my previous post to know more about assembly.



The options are limitless when choosing how to embellish. For my mothers' I decided to make it a tea bag jar. A label out of scrap paper, the same letter stickers from my previous project, and scrap buttons and twine make this jar. I'm going to be making something similar as a gift for Mr. P's grandmother.

I've been craving a cobbler lately. Chocolate is getting too much after the V-Day splurge. I found a great recipe. The oats added in and the way it's layered just sounded delicious.


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 4 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 cups butter
Directions:
                   
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
                   
In a large bowl, gently toss together berries and white sugar; set aside. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.       
        

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.



I used frozen mixed berry medley and raspberries for mine. Thawed and rinsed instead of the fresh. I also took the advice from some of the reviews and used a little less sugar. Mine came out a bit dry due to how I cut the butter. I have lost my pastry cutter and did it the old fashioned way. I used two butter knives, but I would recommend the cutter. It makes it much easier and your crisp will turn out, well, crisp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave me some comments, tell me what you think! :D