Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Blueberry Peach Bundt for 4th!

Mr. P and I were invited to a fellow couple's 4th of July gathering. She if a fellow pinner (and suuupper friend! <3) who will be moving to Colorado very soon. :(

She's also a grilling queen. She listed off a Cajun themed feast like no other. I got to provide part of the dessert. Another baking goddess came who made the best most perfect sugar cookies on the planet. She totally told me where she found the recipe. (Maybe I'll share some other time! ;p )

On my search for a "Cajun" dessert I came to a screeching halt. Bananas were out, the hostess didn't like them and the baking goddess's hubby was allergic I found out later! (wosh, close call!) The hostess's hubby isn't a chocolate fan, and Mr. P doesn't like strawberries or cherries. What am I going to do?! Found a picture of a delicious looking Blueberry Peach Bundt cake on Pinterest. I get to the site and it's all in Spanish. I can only comprehend the most minimal of Spanish. The pictures of the cake are so enticing, I know I must, absolutely must, make this exact recipe. So, I translate each line and try to comprehend what a free translator spits out. I did a pretty damn good job. To lighten such a heavy bundt cake, I decided to slice it in half and make a yummy layer of my new favorite icing. It's my now "go to" whipped cream cheese frosting from the Pumpkin Praline Cake.

So, here's my version in English!

Blueberry Peach Bundt Cake

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, smoothed out.
  • 2 cups sugar 
  •  6 eggs 
  • 1 tsp Almond Extract
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • about 3 1/2 cups. of flour 
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt 
  • 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream.
  • 2 cups peach preserves
  • 1 cup of blueberries
Directions:

  1. Cream butter and sugar in electric mixer until light and fluffy.
  2. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
  3. Combine the extracts and beat well.
  4. In a seperate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
  5. Alternate adding the flour mixture and sour cream to the creamed sugar/butter. Finishing with the flour.
  6. Fold the blueberries and peach preserves into batter.
  7. Pour into greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 F for 60-70 minutes. (It began to rain on the day I made mine, so I had to leave it in a little longer)
  8. When toothpick inserted comes out clean remove and let cool 15 minutes.
  9. Release from pan to cool completely.
I whipped up the frosting right before we left for the party, made a layer to the cake, and piled on the whipped goodness. I garnished the cake with about a peach and a half sliced and the remaining blueberries.

Muy Bueno!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave me some comments, tell me what you think! :D